General Plan Update
- The city last updated their General Plan in 2010 and incorporated elements on Alternative Transportation, Open Space preservation and Sustainability.
Climate Action Planning
- The city completed a municipal GHG inventory with 2005 as the baseline. It was used to develop sustainable strategies used in the Draft Environmental Impact Review for the General Plan.
- The City has been recognized by the San Francisco Bay Conservation and Development Commission for incorporating adaptation to Climate Change in their General Plan.
- Participated in 2007 workshop series under the San Francisco Community Grants for community-wide GHG inventories
- Joined ICLEI‘s Cities for Climate Protection Campaign.
- The Draft EIR included strategies for improving energy efficiency.
- The City offers rebates for solar panel installation.
- Replaced street lights with LED fixtures using grant money from the California Energy Commission.
- Draft EIR has a policy initiative to increase recycling and re-use to reduce waste.
- Directs residents to the HHW Collection Facility to dispose of hazardous wastes for free.
- Won Contra Costa Watershed Forum Restoration Project of the Year award in 2011.
- The Draft EIR contains strategies for improving water conservation.
- The city hosts a weekly Farmers Market.
- The Draft EIR contains elements on improving circulation and reducing vehicle miles traveled.
- Established a Traffic Calming program.
- Partnered with the East Bay SMART Corridors Program to improve Bay Area transportation.
- The General Plan contains an element on preserving Open Spaces.
City of Pinole Website
Last updated June 2016