General Plan Update
- The City Council last updated Lafayette’s General Plan in 2002. At that time it included minor elements on energy conservation, reducing vehicle emissions and solid wastes and conserving water.
Climate Action Planning
- Formed the Environmental Strategy Task Force and adopted a mission statement to guide the city towards sustainability.
- School District saves money through Green Summit efforts and parent volunteer groups.
- A growing number of businesses are choosing to go green and adopt best practices. The initiative is supported by the Lafayette Chamber of Commerce through its Green Committee.
- Community wide Greenhouse Gas Inventory completed.
- Signed the US Mayors Climate Protection Agreement.
- Joined ICLEI‘s Cities for Climate Protection Campaign.
- Lafayette Chamber of Commerce created a Green Committee to promote sustainable and green businesses in Lafayette.
- Residents work closely thru Sustainable Lafayette, a local non-profit organization
City of Lafayette Website
Last updated April 2019.
Lafayette is committed to developing and implementing environmental policies and programs that will enable the City and its residents to meet their present needs without sacrificing the ability of future generations to meet their needs.
Carl Anduri, Councilmember, City of Lafayette, CA