General Plan Update
- Hercules last updated their General Plan in 2013 and it contains an element on Open Space.
- The City began a Redevelopment Plan in 2009.
Climate Action Planning
- Signed the US Mayors Climate Protection Agreement.
- Community-wide Greenhouse Gas Inventory completed.
- Joined ICLEI‘s Cities for Climate Protection Campaign.
- The city provides tips for residents and businesses on improving energy efficiency.
- Offers rebate programs for purchasing energy efficient appliances.
- Residents can dispose of hazardous waste for free at the Household Hazardous Waste Collection Facility.
- RecycleMore is the West Contra Costa Integrated Waste Management Authority and they provide services to Hercules residents and businesses. These services help to reduce hazardous wastes and collect and recycle wastes.
- Developed the Refugio Watershed Vision Plan to support water quality, encourage conservation and maintain ecosystems.
- The Redevelopment Plan contains water conservation tips.
- Provided Redevelopment Incentives for Transit-Oriented Joint Development with BART.
- Creating a City Wide Mobility Plan, including Smart Parking.
- Started Traffic Calming Program.
- Transportation web page has information on public transport options.
- Partnered with the East Bay SMART Corridors Program to improve Bay Area transportation.
- The latest General Plan contains an element on preserving Open Space.
- 483 Acres of property and a 702 acre ranch were preserved through City and public agency efforts, grants, and donations from individuals, Muir Herritage Land Trust, EBMUD, Caltrans and private foundations.
City of Hercules Website
Last updated September 2016