Creating Resilient Cities through Emergency Preparedness and Adaptation Strategies
Thursday February 28, 8:30 am – noon
Public Safety Building Alex Clark Room,
880 Tennent Avenue Pinole, CA
- Introductions, Lynda Deschambault, Executive Director, 4CL
- Bruce Riordan, Climate Climate Strategist, Bay Area Joint Policy Committee (JPC)Bay Area Big Picture—Impacts, Projects and the Future.
- Michael Kent, Kim Cox Contra Costa Health Services; and Marcelle Indelicato; Sheriff’s Office, Emergency Services Division. Issues & Strategies for Protecting Public Health through Climate Adaptation Plans.
- Wendy Goodfriend, San Francsco Bay Conservation and Develpment Comission (BCDC). Planning for Shoreline Resilience: Adapting to Rising Tides (ART) Project.
- Gina Blus, PG&E; Building a Resilient Power Infrastructure.
- Kirsten Schwind, Bay Localize. Results of the Bay Area Climate Resilience Planning Survey and Convening meeting
Local Government Speakers
- Frank Felice, City of San Francisco, review of the Great Highway Case Study and need for advance Emergency Response & Coordination Planning.
- Sara Low, City of Berkeley, Fire andEmergency Services Coordinator. Case Study.