Walnut Creek Accomplishments:
- Walnut Creek adopted its most recent General Plan in 2006 to guide the city through until 2025. It contained specific policies on energy conservation and meeting green building standards, waste diversion and recycling, water conservation and open space preservation. It also implemented sustainability elements related to the GHG emissions inventory.
Climate Action Planning
- Climate Action Plan approved by council in April 2012.
- Conducted GHG Emissions Inventory. Municipal and Community wide inventory completed.
- Joined ICLEI‘s Cities for Climate Protection Campaign
- For current environmental information, Walnut Creek provides the “Going Green Together” page
- Sustainable Walnut Creek
City of Walnut Creek website.
Updated July 2019.